Sports Betting Might Expand Under Trump Administration
Legalized sports betting just might expand over the next four years when President-elect Trump assumes the White House and the Republican Party takes controls of both chambers of Congress. According to the R Street Institute, who is a public policy think tank in Washington, DC. They mostly promote conservative and libertarian ideas. The R Street believes that Mr. Trump’s long history in gambling could encourage him to back legislation for the legalization of sports betting on federal level. Although he is not as successful as the international casino magnates, Steve Wynn or Sheldon Adelson, Mr Trump has no record of any moral opposition to gambling as business. The R Street author, Steve Titch, explains that there is no reason to believe that Under President Elect Trump there would be expanding prohibition on the agenda, or that there would be opposition to greater liberalization, if it can create or increase the revenue streams for the economic agenda.” The R Street might sound familiar to observers of online gaming. In the first hearing of Restoration of America’s Wire Act (RAWA) in April of 2015, Mr. Moylan was a lone voice opposing the anti-online gaming bill.
Not So Easy StreetFor legalized sports betting to reach their full potential, the lines will be needed to be offered online and through players mobile devices. That might be difficult hurdles. Texas Attorney General, Ken Paxton ®, sat on the R Street’s legislative advisory board when he was a member of the Texas State Senate. Mr. Paxton recently along with nine other state attorney generals, they joined the others in signing a letter to Mr. Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence urging the future Oval Office occupants in supporting legislation to restoring the Wire Act and to ban all forms of internet gaming. Last month, five of the states joined together with New Jersey asking the US Supreme Court to consider the ruling of the Third Circuit Court of Appeals last august. New Jersey believes that they should have the rights to offer sports betting if the majority of the Garden State residents agree and want in on the game. It is not clear when the Supreme Court might be considering if it’s going to take on the case.
USA Gambling News
- Borgata Tournaments for September and Winter November 9, 2020
- Borgata Hotel and Casino November 9, 2020
- Latest No Deposit Casino Bonus Codes November 2, 2020
- BetUS Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes October 14, 2020
- Atlantis City Tournament Scheduled for September October 4, 2020
- New USA Friendly Casinos August 27, 2020
- USA's Gambling Legislation Future After the 2016 Presidential Elections August 19, 2020
- AGA Election Guide Ensures that the Voice of Online Gaming Will be Heard August 19, 2020
- California's Governor has Ok'ed Charitable Gambling at Pro-games August 19, 2020
- New Casinos to Open Soon November/December 2016 August 19, 2020