Columbus State Launched New Campaign to Combat Problem Gambling
The state will be doubling-down on players with problem gambling when a new education campaign kicks off on Monday. Three well-known institutions, the Ohio Casino Control Commission, The Ohio Lottery Commission, and the Drug Free Action Alliance, they will team up with the Ohio Dept. of Mental Health and Addiction Services, at a press conference to be held at, the Statehouse Atrium will unveil the “Be the 95%” campaign. Some Ohioans will also be sharing their stories about their struggle with gambling addiction. The slogan of “Be the 95%”, refers to the 90% of people who are controlled and are able to gamble without any negative consequences according to the campaign’s website www. the95percent .org.
The Campaign’s FocusIt is estimated that about 5% of Ohioans gambling is a compulsive addiction which can result in financial ruin, family and health issues as well. Compulsive addiction means that people miss a car payment for instance and use the money to gamble instead they also lie to their spouse or partner, and can also lead them to consider suicide. Th State of Ohio is paying closer attention as they get more gambling options which range from seven racinos, four casino and the Ohio Lottery as well as electronic gambling at veterans posts and fraternal lodges, and the bingo halls and skill game parlors. A survey conducted in 2012 showed that an estimated 3.6% of Ohioans had gambling-addiction problem. This survey was conducted prior to the opening of some gambling venues. The number of people at risk the survey found was 250,000. A scheduled follow up study is expected to be done in two year time and the figures are expected to be higher. The Website has a 10 question quiz, this allows people to be able to gauge if they might be a compulsive gambler or have a problem with addiction. The site also has information about gambling addiction, facts and information about gamblers contemplating suicide. The study also identified that men were at greater risk of becoming addicted, in fact twice as likely as women, ages identified were 18-25 and a large percentage of blacks between the ages of 25-64.
USA Gambling News
- Borgata Tournaments for September and Winter November 9, 2020
- Borgata Hotel and Casino November 9, 2020
- Latest No Deposit Casino Bonus Codes November 2, 2020
- BetUS Casino No Deposit Bonus Codes October 14, 2020
- Atlantis City Tournament Scheduled for September October 4, 2020
- New USA Friendly Casinos August 27, 2020
- USA's Gambling Legislation Future After the 2016 Presidential Elections August 19, 2020
- AGA Election Guide Ensures that the Voice of Online Gaming Will be Heard August 19, 2020
- California's Governor has Ok'ed Charitable Gambling at Pro-games August 19, 2020
- New Casinos to Open Soon November/December 2016 August 19, 2020